Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £26,000 to £34,000pa
Location: Darlington, Durham
Closing Date: 08/03/2024
North East – Hybrid working
Our client is a prominent engineering & scientific technology organisation with a number of facilities in the North East. They are currently looking to appoint a Developer to work within the established and growing IT and Digital Services team. Reporting to the Lead Developer, your role will be to develop and implement IT solutions, primarily within the Microsoft Power Platform. An essential part of the role is for you to ensure a high degree of integration and automation, leading to increased productivity, efficiencies and a reduction in operating costs.
The role is a hybrid role whereby you can work from home but will be required to attend sites within the North East of England when required.
Examples of projects the team have worked on are:
• Producing a travel request app which incorporated Power Apps and Power Automate within the solution.
• Producing a Bright Ideas platform where employees can submit ideas to improve the company through Power Apps.
• To design and develop IT solutions based on a thorough understanding of the stakeholders requirements.
• To collaborate with a variety of stakeholders across the business.
• To utilise Microsoft Power Apps, Power Automate and PowerBI, integrating with third party applications and plug-ins.
• To support with the maintenance of legacy bespoke applications and systems until they are replaced.
• To support the establishment of a Centre of Excellence for Microsoft Power Platform.
• Be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an IT subject or have subsequent relevant experience.
• Ability to support the defining, scoping and developing products that meet and exceed
• Knowledge of software development methodologies to support project delivery.
• Understanding of MS Power Platform (Apps/Automate/BI).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Have business acumen and be confident speaking to people across the business.
• Subject matter expertise in a number of programming disciplines to ensure the delivery of development work to time, cost and quality.
• Experience with all recent Microsoft operating systems (client/server).
• Experience with Microsoft SQL.
• Demonstrate an understanding of project methodologies.