Job Type: Contract
Location: City of London, G. London
Closing Date: 08/03/2024
Duration: 6 months fixed term contract
Location: City of London – hybrid working
Rate: competitive rate / day depending on experience
My client is a rapidly growing international organisation offering a range of solutions to the global Financial & Professional Services sector. Due to maternity leave, an opportunity has arisen for a qualified Accountant to join their specialist client focused Finance Team in London as a Senior Accountant.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the team in London, interacting with individuals across all internal functions and also directly with clients. It is very much a hands on role, providing accounting services to a range of clients and structures. The role will also involve becoming involved with the provision of administrative services to a range of structured finance, special purpose vehicles (SPV’s) and other corporate entities.
• Become involved with the on-boarding and day to day admin of running the structured finance vehicles.
• Be a point of contact for other entities outside of structured finance.
• Prepare management accounts, monthly reports and annual financial statements under IFRS and UK GAAP.
• Liaise with external auditors and the audit process for client entities in London.
• Prepare and file iXBRL tagged financial statements.
• Prepare and file corporation tax returns in conjunction with tax advisors.
• Prepare and file other regulatory and ad-hoc reports, as necessary.
• Review transaction documentation for client companies and gain a thorough understanding of the structures and the services we are required to provide.
• Liaise with external parties, such as legal and tax advisors, investment managers, trustees, arranging banks, aircraft servicers and others in order to achieve client objectives.
• We are looking for a Qualified Accountant to ACA or ACCA standards, with at least one year post qualification experience, but extensive financial accounting experience obtained during the formal process, ideally with some practice exposure.
• Experience of structured finance markets, securitisation or investment would be beneficial but not essential.
• Intellectually curious, with a willingness to learn the key intricacies of the structured finance markets.
• Experience of preparing statutory financial statements and management accounts.
• Experience and proven track record of multiple stakeholder management.
• Excellent IT skills are a must, including the use of MS office systems including Word. The role will require advanced Excel skills.
• Experience of using accounting packages.
• Comfortable working in a small team and appreciative of the demands that can place on all team members. Willingness to help others.
• Diligent, with excellent attention to detail.