Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000pa
Location: Sunderland, Tyne & Wear
Closing Date: 16/12/2023
We have a new and exciting opportunity with a key client to join their Transformation and Technology Team in the role of Project Manager.
This role has been created to support the on time and successful delivery of the critical IT and Business transformation projects that are central to the achievement of the company’s strategy. As part of a wider Technology and Transformation team the role will ensure delivery using agile methodology and a user centric approach.
If successful, you will work with the Head of Project Management and Project Assistant to partner with the Business to provide project management expertise including planning, change and stakeholder management. Ensuring risks are proactively identified, escalated and resolved as part of project governance, you will bring a structured, well governed and organised approach to ensure on time delivery to agreed targets and objectives.
– Ensure efficient project mobilisation in line with the Group’s project management framework.
– Provide ongoing project management support across the project lifecycle including planning, risk management, identification & management of interdependencies, resource & capacity planning and tracking against agreed KPIs.
– Provide advice, guidance and feedback in relation to project activity to the Project Lead and Sponsor as needed.
– Embed and facilitate a standard approach through project governance and cross-business working.
– Contribute to and be involved in the portfolio management processes to ensure project oversight by the Project Board.
You will have proven experience of successfully managing a range of complex projects (Business and IT) with multiple workstreams, managing relationships with external and internal stakeholders whilst maintaining a positive teamworking environment.
You will also have:
– Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of project management including modern digital agile delivery and user centred approaches as well as and change management philosophies and their practical application.
– The ability to lead and bring together cross functional teams to achieve a common goal without a direct reporting relationship.
– The ability to identify and escalate risk – driving discussions within the business as needed.
– The ability to challenge others and have difficult conversations (including senior stakeholders) in a constructive and engaging manner.
– Proven experience of portfolio management as part of wider business project delivery.
Degree qualified (or equivalent) with a recognised project management or change management qualification (or equivalent experience) you will actively promote good practice.
You must have excellent communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative. You will be credible and passionate about delivering an excellent service on time to tight deadlines in a complex environment.
You will take ownership, be pro-active and be able to work autonomously. You will be competent with all Microsoft Office Packages including Project and Microsoft 365.