Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £25,000 to £27,500pa
Location: Newcastle, Tyne & Wear
Closing Date: 10/03/2023
Materials Technician within a multinational manufacturing organisation, within the North East of England.
The successful applicant will execute all technical testing, evaluations, required for key strategic programs that have been approved by the executive management. This role will assist in the development and delivery of new product/materials, into the business.
The role will be required to support the NPD/Innovation/Material engineering, functionality for all material change programs and introduction of new products.
1. Technical evaluations within local plants, for Group led initiatives
2. Technical testing of local/ group, prototype products.
3. Fabrication evaluations of Prototype products or materials for group NPD products
4. Support technical requirements of group specifications and products
a. Coordinate product testing for Group specification opportunities
b. Coordinate unification of Fire properties to achieve group specification
c. Coordinate testing and production trials to qualify new materials/products
d. Assist with the process of transferring developed products into the plants
5. Competitor product benchmarking. Technical evaluations/comparisons
– Degree level qualification in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
– Technical bias, of study experience
– Have at least two years’ experience within an industrial organization, working within a technical function
– Should possess good IT skills particularly, PowerPoint/Excel/ Word, to an advanced level. Required to produce professional technical reporting, in addition to using statistical analysis tools such as Minitab software
– Some knowledge of manufacturing processes
– Like to have
o Some experience of interfaces with NPD/ R&D functions
o Experience working with various materials