Job Type: Permanent
Location: Sunderland, Tyne & Wear
Closing Date: 15/10/2023
You will use your strengths and passion to lead the delivery of the decarbonisation of our housing stock and offices, ensuring that we make the right choices on the decisions that we make. You will make a difference by working with internal and external stakeholders to develop and control the design and delivery of retrofit and energy efficiency programmes which reduce the energy costs of our customers, improve the thermal efficiency of their homes, tackle affordable warmth and resolve the challenges we face in delivering the Governments Net Zero strategy. You will use your experience and drive to maximise the sourcing and successful capture of external funding opportunities to allow the acceleration of our retrofit and sustainability programme. You will lead the retrofit team in the provision of excellent customer service and collaboration, providing specialist advice, training and support on all matters relating to environmental sustainability. You will use your expertise and passion for the environment to embed improvements in carbon reduction, affordable warmth/fuel poverty and environmental sustainability throughout our activities.
You will play a key role, using your drive and experience to develop and control the design and delivery of retrofit and energy efficiency programmes which reduce the energy costs of our customers, improve the thermal efficiency of their homes, improve access to affordable warmth, tackle fuel poverty, source external funding and resolve the challenges we face in delivering the Governments Net Zero strategy.
You’ll be a part of a team that actively seeks out opportunities to continuously improve services to meet bold targets, helping to take us to the next level of delivering a great customer experience.
Required knowledge, skills or experience
• Relevant degree and/or have substantial experience of working in a relevant sector. Knowledge of the social housing sustainability and its decarbonisation challenges, and the relevant legislation and standards, including Decent Home Standard
• Experience of using SAP/ RdSap and an understanding of PAS2035 retrofit requirements.
• Demonstrable experience in Project Management/Contract administration
• Experience in Environmental sustainability, including energy management
• Experience of delivering grant funding applications.
• Relevant demonstrable experience of successfully developing and maintaining environmental strategies, policies and programmes
Hours of work:
• Full time, 37 hours per week
• Hybrid Working
Rates of pay:
• £42,423.00 per annum
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Gem Partnership Ltd who are trading as a recruitment business.