Ref: Wareop - Sun-Wed
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Washington, Tyne & Wear
Closing Date: 24/02/2023
Ref: Wareop - Sun-Wed
Our vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Gem Partnership who are currently trading as a recruitment and training business.
We are looking for Warehouse Operators to work in a state-of-the-art warehouse facility based in Washington.
• 18 – 21 years £9.50
• 21 years plus £10.50
• Hours worked after 8:00pm = 20% increase (so £11.40 & £12.60)
• Day Shift – Sunday to Wednesday- 08:00 – 18:30 (40hrs)
Purpose of the Role
• To deliver a world class experience for our customers by delivering a high quality output in your specific work area.
• To be flexible and enthusiastic to carry out general duties across all areas of logistics, including receiving and putting away goods, picking and packing customer orders and other tasks required in line with rapidly changing business needs.
• To support the Company in creating a world class Health & Safety culture; reporting all instances that may contravene policy or represent a risk to colleagues and/or the Company. Make suggestions to further this ambition, following Health & Safety guidelines to look after yourself and your colleagues.
• To play a supporting role in the Company’s drive for continuous improvement and bring to the attention of your manager anything that you think can deliver an improved customer experience.
• Using various systems including our Warehouse Management System to support these tasks.
• Tasks are routine and specific to the work of the team. Works within clearly defined processes and with direct supervision. Requires assistance when dealing with unexpected problems.
• Awareness that the tasks performed relate to the work of others within the team/department. Understands importance of working within team to achieve excellent results.
• Follows established processes and procedures. Works to clearly defined priorities and deadlines. Performs routine activities in a structured environment. No or limited autonomy or decision making required.
• The job has limited but direct and measurable impact on customer experience. The quality of the work produced will reflect on the performance and effectiveness of the team as a whole.
• Clear verbal and written communication skills and common courtesy.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website to get free, expert advice for safer jobs.