Disciplinary and Grievance Training
Duration of the Programme: One Day
Cost of Programme: £650.00
Maximum Number of Learners: 10
This training course will help you resolve conduct offences early, avoid matters escalating to a more formal level and reduce the risk of a costly tribunal claim.
Disciplinary at work can be costly and stressful for both the employee and the business, particularly if handled incorrectly. To ensure a fair process, employment laws and legislation are in place to safeguard both the employee and the employer.
What you will learn:
- Handle difficult conversations confidently and effectively
- Use SMART goals to manage improvements for conduct or capability
- Learn how to prepare for a disciplinary or grievance meeting
- Confidently be able to execute a disciplinary or grievance meeting
- Identify the difference between conduct and capability
- Understand the importance of investigation, documentation and accurate recording
- Confidently be able to carry out an investigation
- Identify the appeals process in line with current employment law
- Identify when and how to conduct suspensions
- How to avoid employment disputes and costly tribunals
- Understand the legal rights of the employer and the employee out lined by ACAS
- Identify a legal and consistent process to effective management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Understand what fair reasons for dismissal are
- Be aware of potential outcomes and the next steps
Who is it for?
For managers, supervisors and team leaders who currently deal with disciplinary and grievance at work.