Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Training
Duration of the Programme: Half Day
Cost of Programme: £450.00
Maximum Number of Learners: 10
Equality is the current term for ‘Equal Opportunities’ and is based on the legal obligation to comply and anti-discrimination legislation. Equality protects people from being discriminated against on the ground of group membership i.e., sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or age.
Diversity implies a wide range of conditions and characteristics. Diversity is about respecting and valuing all individuals, enabling them to fulfil their own potential, whatever their backgrounds.
Embracing equality, diversity and inclusion brings a wide range of experience, ideas and creativity, while giving the individual a feeling of being enabled to work to their full potential.
Putting equality, diversity and inclusion into practice inspires us to comply with anti-discrimination legislation and promotes the positive benefits of diversity. Benefits such as the ability to draw on a wider pool of talent and motivate all employees.
What you will learn:
- Equality and Diversity – what does it mean?
- Differentiate between equality, diversity and inclusion
- Equality and Diversity and the law
- Understanding unconscious bias
- Understand indirect and direct discrimination, victimisation and harassment
- Factors essential to promoting Equality and Diversity
Who is it for?
Any employee within any business or organisation.