Fire Warden Training
Duration of the Programme: Half Day
Cost of Programme: £350.00
Maximum Number of Learners: 6
This programme will help you understand the day-to-day responsibilities of a Fire Warden. It will also give you the opportunity to use a various type of fire extinguishers on a live fire simulation.
The programme is designed to provide training that meets the requirements of the Provision and use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER 98).
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 has made it a legal requirement that all staff members in a business environment have to receive at least some form of basic fire safety training. All employers have a responsibility to have a number of employees trained as fire wardens to help assist in an emergency situation.
What you will learn:
- The main laws for workplace fire safety
- Your role as a Fire Warden
- Typical fire hazards and control measures to prevent or minimise risks of fire
- Fire risk assessment
- Fire detection, fire warning and fire equipment
- Fire exits, assembly points and evacuation procedures
- Type of fire extinguishers and there uses
- Requirements for a fire plan
- How to respond appropriately upon discovering a fire
- What your specific role is during emergency evacuation procedures
- Practical fire extinguisher training (in a safe, controlled space)
How is the course assessed?
The delegates contribution will be assessed by the tutor throughout the course. Successful delegates should leave with the ability to carry out their role as a Fire Warden and use the fire equipment in a safe / controlled way to distinguisher a fire.