Level 2 Award in the Principles of Fire Safety
Duration of the Programme: One Day
Cost of Programme: £70.00 per delegate
Maximum Number of Learners: 10
This qualification is aimed at anyone involved in the management of fire safety in any workplace. This includes managers, supervisors, team leaders, fire wardens (marshals) and staff working in any area where there is a potential risk of fire.
Learners gaining this qualification will know that fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace and will recognise the consequences of fire in any premises.
What you will learn:
- How fires are caused in the workplace
- The components of the fire triangle
- The hazards during and after a fire
- The characteristics of fire and smoke spread
- Methods used to identify and control fire hazards
- Means of escape in relation to fire hazards
- Methods of fire detection and raising the alarm
- How fires are extinguished
- How to use portable fire-fighting equipment safely
- Common fixed fire-fighting systems
- Duties of employers and employees in relation to fire safety
- How to undertake a simple fire safety inspection in the workplace
- The stages involved in a fire risk assessment
- The role of fire wardens in the workplace
Who is it for?
Anyone in a work environment. Or an employee who is involved in the management of fire safety or who are based in any area where there is a potential risk of fire.
How is the qualification assessed?
This qualification is assessed by a 45-minute multiple choice examination, where the delegate must answer 12 out of 20 questions correctly to pass.