Manual Handling Instructors Course
Duration of the Programme: Two Days
Cost of Programme: £300.00 per delegate
Maximum Number of Learners: 6
This programme is suitable for anyone who may deliver training or risk assess manual handling or have management responsibility for those who do.
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (as amended) require that where an employer cannot eliminate manual handling that they make a suitable and sufficient assessment and take appropriate steps to reduce the risk of injury.
The manual handling instructor training course equips staff to carry out the assessment and provide in-house training.
What you will learn:
- Why good manual handling is important
- Common injuries
- The structure and function of the spine
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- Avoid, assess, reduce
- Good handling techniques
- Manual handling risk assessment – TILE
- Practical risk assessment exercise
- Basic Principles of teaching and learning
- Planning training
- Lesson plans
- Practical training skills
- Presentation by delegates on manual handling
- Feedback to delegates on presentation
Who is it for?
The delegates will be assessed on their input during the session and a summative assessment at the end of the course. It is suggested that the practical element is refreshed every three years.