EAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing
Pre-Employability Training for Manufacturing
Duration of the Program: 4-days
The aim of our Manufacturing Routeway Pre-Employability training course is to provide candidates, with little or no manufacturing experience, transferable skills within manufacturing.
Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing
- Health and safety within a manufacturing environment
- Communicating and working effectively within a manufacturing environment
- Working relationships and individual rights and responsibilities within a manufacturing environment
- Application of workplace organisation
- Work-related problem-solving techniques
- Preparing for manufacturing operations
- Concluding manufacturing operations
- Receiving and checking incoming materials for manufacturing operations
Bespoke Employer Induction
- Introduction to GEM Partnership
- Conduct at work
- COVID-19 – safety measures on site
- Health and safety
- Manual handling
- Risk assessment
- Mental health
- Quality awareness
All candidates receive a guaranteed interview with an employer/GEM Partnership, which will take place on the final afternoon of the course and those successful will attend a work trial and company induction.
Why is the training required?
This course equips the candidates with the right skills, attitudes and behaviours to be effective in the workplace, therefore successfully preparing them to be able to do the job from day one. Some of the candidates we deal with face multiple barriers to employment, such as disadvantaged backgrounds, skills gaps due to transferable skills from another sector, or lengthy gaps in employment.
We can support individuals to reduce these barriers and be successful in gaining employment by:
- Improving attitudes and behaviours to work by understanding what is expected of them.
- Improving communication skills, confidence, employability skills and company integration, which provides increased productivity over a shorter period and sustainable employment – increasing employee retention.
- Improving motivational skills through greater empowerment.
- Overview of the organisation, their policies and procedures – including core values, vision, strategic direction and education on laws/regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Highlighting the different safety and security aspects related to the work environment and how to stay safe.
- Explaining the role and responsibilities of the job in order to achieve company goals.
- Improving knowledge and understanding around the importance of quality right first time, OEE targets, 5s and cause and effect.
- Providing practical experience of performing job related duties allowing them to gain an insight of the surroundings, work area and what is expected.